Happy New Year from all of us here at Classical Guitar Rocks, 2016 is going to be a fun filled and hopefully guitaristic one here at CGRocks. So, to kick off the year we have joined in the rest of the online community in producing 10 tips to get you inspired and playing in 2016. These tips, like all New Year resolutions, resemble something akin to the Pirate code: treat them as guidelines! Enjoy!
CGRocks 2016 New Years Resolutions
- Set aside the same time each day to practice; it will develop into a habit then.
- Aim to play a short length of time; especially on days you don’t want to.
- Delve into something new which challenges you musically.
- Accept mistakes as part of the creative process.
- Use failures (which are only ever temporary) to inspire , rather than rebuke.
- Set 3 musical goals to be achieved by the end of year.
- Keep in mind: energy, attitude and passion require zero talent.
- Improvise a little each week.
- Research into the background of one of your favorite pieces; find inspiration.
- Be S.M.A.R.T* when setting any goals.
* Specific Measurable Achievable Relevant Time- management
For more about setting goals check out this post from CGRocks.
Photo Credit: PD Photo